Update from the Archives 7th Aug 2017 …………..
- The first 445 books from the Alan Forman collection now on the data base.
- A small piece of the German Airship shot down at Cuffley in WWI is now on display.
- A collection of unit badges donated by Peter Scott has been mounted and put into Room 3.
- A very unusual set of RAF recruiting items, including beer mats, have been donated.
- A Luftwaffe Officers Ceremonial Dagger, in very good condition, is also now on display in Room 3.
- Finally, The Alan Garrod archive, mostly paperwork, but including a piece of deck timber from Tirpitz alongside a piece of concrete from the Bielefeld Viaduct, both mounted on a small wooden plate. Mr Garrod being on both operations, and which resulted in both targets being hit and destroyed.
Author :: Paul Holmes